COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado, Nov. 2, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Today, the national nonprofit pro-life association Save the Storks launched Life’s About Choice, an awareness campaign celebrating the stories of birth mothers, adoptees and parents who have chosen adoption, in conjunction with the first day of National Adoption Awareness Month. With over 2 million couples currently waiting to adopt a child in the United States and 28% of foster children awaiting adoption, Save the Storks’ goal for Life’s About Choice is to put shed light on the beauty of the adoption choice.
Non-profit organization celebrates stories of birth mothers, adoptees and parents who chose adoption in new awareness campaign
“We’re excited to share some of the great stories of what choosing adoption can look like,” said Diane Ferraro, CEO of Save the Storks. “This campaign was inspired by one of our supporters who was adopted, and many of us here at Save the Storks have also contributed our own adoption stories to show just how adoption choice can be truly overwhelming and remarkable – for birth mothers, adoptees, and adoptive parents. “
Through Life’s About Choice, Save the Storks seeks to educate people about the many facets of adoption choice, from options considered by many birth mothers to adoptees seeking adoption through the foster-to-parent system. seeking to expand their family through adoption. By visiting https://savethestorks.com/adoption during the month of November, which is recognized as National Adoption Awareness Month, readers can learn what drove others to make their decisions about the adoption and how that choice positively impacted their lives.
Adoption facts and statistics:
- November is recognized as National Adoption Awareness Month, with particular emphasis on the number of foster children awaiting adoption
- 28 percent of the estimated 424,000 children in foster care as of September 30, 2019 had an adoption goal.
- Approximately 140,000 children are adopted by American families each year.
- Experts estimate that there are between one and two million couples awaiting adoption in the United States
- In the United States, the percentage of children abandoned for adoption fell from 9% of those born before 1973 to 1% of those born between 1996 and 2002.
- Diane Ferraro, adopted and adoptive mother, CEO, Save the Storks
- Jessica Phillips, Birth Mother, Community Relationship Manager, Save the Storks
- Natalie Barsumian, adopted, Creative Director of Life’s About Choice
- JD Dahler, adoptive father, director of development and strategy, Save the Storks
- Shara Pierce, Adoptive Mother, National Partnering Program Director, Save the Storks
To schedule an interview, please contact [email protected]
To get involved and learn more about Life’s About Choice, visit SavetheStorks.com.
About Save the storks
Save the Storks is a national nonprofit organization that exists to reach out to women facing unintended pregnancies and save babies’ lives through compassion, education and holistic care. They do this by accelerating the impact of Local Pregnancy Resource Centers and Stork Buses to create a culture that values life. Learn more at savethestorks.com.
View original content to download multimedia: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/save-the-storks-kicks-off-lifes-about-choice-campaign-celebrating-national-adoption-awareness-month -301413846 .html
SOURCE Save the storks