This is an archived article and the information in the article may be out of date. Please look at the history’s timestamp to see when it was last updated.
Ventura County now allows residents 65 and over to be vaccinated against COVID-19, officials said on Tuesday.
Previously, Ventura County had only made the vaccine available to people aged 75 and over, in addition to healthcare workers and people in skilled nursing facilities.
The widening of the age group brings the county into the same vaccine allocation phase as neighboring Los Angeles and Orange counties.
Ventura County has administered more than 98,850 doses so far, with nearly 13,000 additional immunization appointments scheduled this week, according to the county. The data.
âAppointments are limited due to the limited supply of vaccines. It will take time to get an appointment if you are in the current phase, âcounty officials said in a press release. âVentura County wants you to have a vaccine and is advocating for more vaccines. “
People who register to be vaccinated will be required to show identification documenting their age or workplace when they arrive for their vaccination appointment, county officials said.
Seniors can click here and scroll to the bottom of the page to make an appointment. Those who do not have internet access or need help registering can call 805-477-7161 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Ventura County Fairgrounds, South Oxnard Public Health and the Goebel Adult Community Center in Thousand Oaks are all supposed to vaccinate seniors, but no appointments were available Tuesday afternoon.
In addition to county-run vaccination sites, residents can get vaccinated at these Albertsons, Pavilions or Vons pharmacies:
- Albertsons Savon – 541 S Reino Rd, Newbury Park, CA
- Albertsons – 1268 Madera Rd, Simi Valley, CA 93065
- Pavilions – 1135 Lindero Canyon Rd, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
- Vons 1913 – 450 S Ventura Rd, Oxnard, CA 93030-6557
- Vons 2825 1291 S Victoria Ave, Oxnard, 93035
- Vons 2436 – 2101 North Rose Ave, Oxnard, CA 93030
- Vons – 1855 East Cochran St, Simi Valley, CA 93065
- Vons 1610 – 1790 N Moorpark Rd, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
- Vons – 2048 Avenida De Los Arboles, Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
- Vons – 5688 Telephone Rd, Ventura, CA 93003
- Vons 2678 – 6040 Telegraph Rd., Ventura, CA 93003
Residents can register here to be notified when other vaccine appointments become available.
Those who get the shot will receive an email with a link to sign up for their second dose, according to the county dating site.
The Regional Agency on Aging is providing transportation to older county residents who need to travel to their appointments for vaccine or coronavirus testing, including people who need assistance with lifting. To plan a trip, call 805-477-7300 after making an appointment for the vaccine.
Suggest a correction